Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I sure would like to figure out the pattern.

Running an Etsy shop is interesting. I do screen printed tee shirts and onesies, and I never know, from month to month, how things are going to go.

Take February, for example. It was one of my best months ever, it tied December, which had all of the Christmas sales. Yet that was only through the 24th.

Then take March, which at the moment, is the worst month I've had since the very first month that the shop was open. I had one sale between February 25th and March 8th, when I would normally have  had something in the range of 10-15 (the beginning of the month is when I get the majority of my sales.

I have tweeted one of the shirts and have gotten four sales off of that tweet. Two days ago, I tweeted the same shirt, the tweet got over thirty favorites and was retweeted twenty-six times; to a potential audience of over 165,000 people (yes, I know, the audience is not really anywhere near that big) and not a single sale. I would have been thrilled to get 1/100th of one percent of that audience!

A little while ago, I was doing a brisk business in Atari related shirts. I decided to run a sale, which would have really given people an excellent break on the price. That was a bad move; I have not had a single sale on Atari related shirts in a month and a half now, ever since the day the sale started.

I'm really just curious about how this all works. I love that people like my items, and buy them. However, being on a fixed income, I also look forward to the sales to help me stretch my money through the month. Understanding how it works would help ease my stress.

No comments: