Sunday, June 7, 2015

I'm maneuvering a 2-ton potential weapon, why are you deliberately antagonizing me?

I don't understand why people seem to love annoying me when I am behind the wheel of a two ton weapon.
  • If I am driving the speed limit in the travel lane, why do you feel that it is necessary to pass me on the right?
  • Learn how to merge. Yes, the signs might say "Yield," but that does not mean you come to a dead stop for vehicles that are 300 yards up the exit ramp. For those of you that don't screech to a complete stop, quit pacing people on the exit ramp.  If you're ahead of them, don't slow down, if you're slightly behind them, don't speed up.
    Translated to the Corpus Christi language: "Come to a screeching  halt with absolutely no warning, because there is a remote possibility that the car 900 yards behind you on SPID might decide to use the exit ramp."
  • Conversely, don't honk at me when I am in the middle lane and you come off of the exit ramp going 35MPH over the posted exit ramp speed limit and try to dart across three lanes of traffic in under 100 yards. Learn to get off one exit early if you know that you're not going to have enough room.
  • Learn to use your directional signals. It is not physically strenuous, nor does it require extreme mental effort. If you are not going to learn how to use your turn signals, at least remove your bumper stickers telling me about your honor student; or telling me (a person who happens to have the mental capacity to figure out the use of turn signals) who to vote for in the upcoming elections. 
    Perhaps your honor student can explain turn signals to you bumper sticker
    You can get this bumper sticker here
  • If you don't know how to manipulate your vehicle, don't drive it. Your pickup is not a bus. You don't need to slow down to 10MPH and make wide turns when you are turning right. Also, if parking your vehicle is beyond your skillset, don't drive it.
  • Use the cart corrals. I am sick of pulling in to a store parking lot and having to take five carts to a corral less than twenty feet away, just so they don't get blown into someone's car door in the Corpus Christi wind.
  • If you are walking across the parking lot and I'm nice enough to stop and let you cross in front of me, there is an implicit contract there. My stopping does not mean that you and your partner get to have a pleasant conversation, dawdling along while you cross the lane diagonally, taking seven times as much time to cross as necessary.

No comments: