Saturday, July 16, 2016

Write More, Feel Better!

Apparently, having a regular writing routine provides many benefits.

I wasn't actually doing any writing here, but I used my N800 for writing all of the time.
I recently read a blog post called The Psychological Benefits of Writing. This post discusses expressive writing. That is the process of jotting down what you feel and think. This can range from notes to blog posts to working on the next chapter in your book.

If you get your thoughts put down, you don't lose them.  It sounds obvious, but I can't count the number of times that I've had what I thought to be great ideas - then life happened and I totally forgot about them. This is kind of sad really, because I have carried electronic devices on me for very many years.  Even if I couldn't take the time to jot the thoughts down when I actually had them, I could have used the voice recording function to remind myself of what I was thinking about and then gotten around to writing it down later.

The article touches on how writing can help with:

  • happiness
  • communicating clearly
  • handling hard times
  • gratitude
  • your “mental tabs” (think "having too many tabs open in your browser")
  • learning
  • leadership


Visit Gregory Ciotti's post at Helpscout.net, it's worth it: The Psychological Benefits of Writing.

No comments: